Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Goodbye Summer, Hello School



Walking away from summer is oh so hard to do. We won't pass this way again, this same summer, these same ages and giggles and me filled with awe watching the grace-filled moments. 
And then those times I ache at the reality that I am not the best spectator, sitting and watching from the side lines, but still learning it's all good, it's ok and that really every thing is still a miracle. Each day like a present to unwrap, one at a time.  And each one a gift to give back in some way.
Might I even whisper here that I was down right scared to start school this year?
I was, but it was good and I join in continuing with my own studies tomorrow and we will do the days together and give thanks and live life as a prayer.
Lord, teach us to number our days so that we may present to thee a heart of wisdom.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Good to hear from you again here...always enjoy your posts and gain such a sense of calm from them. Love the photos! How is your youngest doing? Have thought of you guys often during the past few weeks.
Hugs
Renee

Ganeida said...

School has been so hard the last few years. Last one coming up! ☺ God bless. So lovely to hear from you. ♥

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Jan always. Love.Julie