New England Asters/Symphyotrichum novae-angliae
in one of my favorite fields
(yes, I did touch it)
(touched that too but refrained from bringing it home)
These are just a few more of our pictures that we captured and added to our personalized nature journals throughout the week as we continued our drawing.
We use quite a few field guides and some online as well, but the books that inspire and guide us the most are listed below. When I became suddenly ill I sold several of them. I have since determined that I have missed them so much and and have been in the business of replacing them since the start of this school year, along with a new set of Prismacolor watercolor pencils. It's great distraction....
- Keeping a Nature Journal, Clare Walker Leslie, Charles E. Roth
- Wild Days: Creating Discovery Journals, Karne Skidmore Rackliffe
- A Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady, Edith Holden
- Handbook of Nature Study, Anna Botsford Comstock
- Pets in a Jar, Seymour Simon
- Girl of Limberlost, Freckles, Gene Stratton-Porter